With Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, you can add features to help facilitate the day-to-day operations of a professional service firm.
Business Central is well-suited for professional service providers such as consulting firms, marketing agencies, legal practices, or other businesses that bill based on ‘hours worked’.
Business Central offers robust financial management features, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, and financial reporting. An agency can utilize these features to track and manage their finances, generate invoices, manage vendor payments, reconcile accounts, and obtain real-time financial insights.
By implementing Business Central, a professional services business can streamline all its processes needed for project management and financial operations. The integrated nature of Business Central also ensures data consistency and enables efficient collaboration across different teams within a company.
- Create and manage projects within the system that are linked to the G/L
- Define project milestones, assign tasks to team members, set deadlines, and track progress to accurately reflect the WIP
- Project managers can easily monitor project timelines, budgets, and resource utilization to ensure that the projects are stay on track and on budget.
- Maintain a centralized resource database containing information about employees, their skills, availability, and workloads
- Efficient resource allocation to projects so that you can ensure the right personnel are assigned to tasks based on their expertise and availability.
Time and Expense Tracking
- Log their time spent on different projects and activities.
- Record billable hours and track expenses incurred during project execution.
- Integrated into the financial with the employees’ costs and bill rates, allowing for accurate billing, payroll calculation, and financial reporting.
Efficient Billing Processes
- Easily create Sales Invoices from billable entries by following a few simple steps.
- Run batch function to automate this process if you want.
- Set up recurring billing from jobs as well.
Reporting and Analytics
- Built-in reporting and analytics capabilities
- Generate customized reports on project profitability, resource utilization, client performance, and financial metrics.
- Increased analysis possibilities with real-time integration to Microsoft Excel.
Case Study: Ammolite TechnologiesRead the Entire Case Study
Start your small business off with the basics and add advanced features as you need them
Business Central allows you to start with what you need and add to the system as your business processes and needs change.
By using a Customer Relationship Management you can:
- Maintain a comprehensive database of client information, including contact details, communication history, and project-related data.
- Track client interactions and provide personalized services to their clients
- Manage sales pipeline to manage resource availability and optimized time
What you need to get started
Licenses: Info in here
Subscription Plan: Info in here
Extras: Info in here
Ready to try it for yourself?
Get started with Launchpad todayGet started